Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Endless Frustrations of Writing a Game

I am writing a game book, I've been plugging away at it for almost 2 years now and before that it's concepts sat shelved for 3 years by the original creator. I took these concepts from him to write the book because it was either I'd do it, or it would never be done. I firmly believe that this will be the best system out there in terms of quick play and realism, it does everything I want a game to do and I believe the gaming community and the world at large deserves to have access to something like that.


I now have the writings to a point where the game is actually playable, the system usable and the rules for the most part are consistent. I have a real game here, but having the writings is a far cry from having a book that's publishable. I might have a game but I don't have a product, and until I have a product I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement so I can't share the details of the thing I've slaved away on for so long. I hate non-disclosure agreements.


I'm allowed to send the game out to others who I might bring under the magical NDA umbrella, but it's hard finding people. The people I find who might be interested and whom I think could offer valuable feedback are the same people who are busy as frak.


What I need is one other person who's as invested in seeing this game come out as I am, one person who feels the way I do, that this game is awesome and would honestly tell me if every single new section I write is worthy of this game or not.


Unfortunately, no such luck yet.


You may all ridicule me for being an emo bitch now. (Both of you.)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. Wish I had the free time to volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @vulcanstev Would be cool. You were a good sport with my CultoftheBear idea today. I'll definitely be sending it around once the NDA get's lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you need? I have plenty of free time at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps a longer response would be in order. I have years of experience both playing and (attempting to) designing roleplaying games. I also have a pretty decent editing touch and I'm not afraid of hurting feelings. I would love to give you feedback and/or collaborate with you on this or other projects.

    For reals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ogre. I'll be in touch tomorrow. BTW I wanna see your review of Fired Up.

    ReplyDelete